Friday, April 27, 2012

Chocolate chip cookie Cake

This is going to look nice after my clean eating post yesterday! BUT you can't deny a woman her dream cake on her birthday can you?
I made this for my mom's b-day. She is a cookie FreAk! She is going to love this! (i hope! I somehow managed to control my inner beat-licking beast and didn't taste a thing!)
 Look at that deliciousness! 


Preheat oven to 350°F.
-Cream together:
     1 cup shortening
     3/4 cup granulated sugar
     3/4 cup packed brown sugar
-Add 1 teaspoon vanilla, 2 eggs and the 1 tsp baking soda
-Gradually beat in 2 1/4 cup flour and 1 teaspoon salt. 
 


-mix in 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips.


-Divide the mixture between 3 greased 9 inch cake pans and spread out. (I used the    disposable kind partly because I'm lazy, and partly because right after i made these i packed up half my kitchen!)


-Bake at 350°F for about 15 minutes until golden brown
-Let cool completely






-Flip the pans over and hit the bottom to release the giant cookie.
-Put it on a plate or what have you and spread slightly softened vanilla ice cream over it. 
-Do the same with the middle layer (but try to be quick so it doesn't get all melty and soggy)



-Slap the remaining chocolate chip cookie and a scoop of ice cream on top, drizzle with chocolate syrup and throw it in the freezer til you are ready to chow down.


No comments:

Post a Comment